One of the biggest strategies that I’ve used for keeping a positive outlook through all this (well, positive all things considered…) is to really focus on the little things and to see the joy in the world (wow, so cheezy). It is just so easy to be sad, frustrated, and angry so I’ve worked really hard to keep my eye on those things that make me happy. While I still have my down and my really down days, reminding myself of how good life can be and how awesome things are ultimately helps to pull me out of my funks and keep me feeling good. So, I’ve decided to start blogging on the things that I think are AWESOME out there! Kinda like the Book of Awesome but my own personal version. Here’s a start!
1. Getting out of work early on a Friday. Extra hours to do NOTHING! Or hang on a patio. Or check on my garden. Or make an awesome meal for my hubby. Or take a nap. Really, it feels like endless possibilities. It also makes Monday seem extra far away.
2. Pet friends. They are kooky, and weird, and scratch my couches, and sometimes leave hairballs, but pet friends are just so awesome. They add life to my home, they provide companionship, they have their strange little personalities. Less awesome – sleeping right next to my face.
3. My king-sized bed. I don’t sleep well, never have, so anything that helps with my quality of sleep is awesome. Between my really tall hubby and my 2 awesome pet friends, I found that I wasn’t left with a lot of room left to roll around and sleep on my stomach with my knee up to my ear. Cue king-sized bed. I vow to never go back to anything less. Seriously – go out and buy one. Like right now. I’ll be here when you get back…
4. Summer storms. Living in Calgary means that we are treated to some wicked crazy weather and one of my faves are the summer storms we get. It will be bright and sunny one minute and then you will turn around to a sky full of blackness that looks like it came from Mordor. And then ridiculous hail will sometimes rain down on us. And huge fork lightning. I am lucky to have a great view from my house and one of my favourite things to do is just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. I love it.
5. Vacation! Because who doesn’t love a break from the everyday; a chance to relax; moments to reconnect and rejuvinate; and just generally not having to wake up super early to commute to work.
And speaking of vacation, I’m outta here! I’m headed on a road trip through BC to enjoy the great outdoors. Have a great week everyone!